Saturday, July 11, 2009

Two Lefft Feet

So here we are going out for pizza...after a fun day...and so we are walking down to the car...and Kathleen Atchley looks down at me as we exit the elevator...and notices something peculiar...illustrated above...so what does she see?

...She sees a dufus who has put on two different flip-flops to go out on the town...a very proud moment of my life...and not just two different flip-flops but both were the left one...of course our dear friends and my lovely bride have promised to never mock me over this faux pas...but then again they also said they would never mention my other major doofus moment...involving our small group friends in Morro Bay long ago...

...So I figured it would be better to just get it out there...admit I was a knucklehead...and then turn it into a witty story about being an entrepreneur...and that there was some great lesson I will extract and share with each of you...of making mistakes and bouncing back through it...or turning a "sows ear into a silk purse"...or something else...but really I just needed to say that I was a knucklehead...and sometimes that is really all you can say...and not much else...

But on the plane back stateside I had the opportunity to listen to a book summary that was really great...very useful and much that I agreed with...which is high praise for most books on entrepreneurship and small business management that I come across...


Never Bet The Farm was a great "read"...and I will soon read it in its entirety...and if any of you have been through it let me know your thoughts...but I put it right up there "Small Giants" and you all know how I feel about that great little book..

...So anyway, time to sign off...but what was that other great doofus moment...I mentioned earlier it was in Morro Bay...about ten years ago...and let's just say it involved the picture below...and that despite what some say...the price of good friends can sometimes be too much!...especially when you miscalculate the price of crab legs...boy I hope Albertsons found that bundle of legs in the poultry section...where I left it...

No comments: